COVID-19 : Bauchi CSOs Call on Government to Tackle Rising Cases
The world is hit by a pandemic, late December 2019, which has change a lot in the world. The responses to the Covid-19 pandemic are simply dynamic and the prioritization of one type of value over others. This is what we have faced in the world for over 5 months Since the Covid-19 inception.
As you are already aware, the CSO’s situation room existence and her efforts in raising awareness on the issues on the Covid-19 in Bauchi state. Some weeks back a press release was published on the efforts been put by CSOs in the state to raise awareness on the Prevention measures about the virus, and some other items.
We also want to use this medium to appreciate the government for her endless efforts in fighting the Pandemic, we also wish to congratulate the government for getting approval of the new testing lab for Covid-19 in Bauchi state, by the NCDC and waiting on the next one to be soon opened at the teaching hospital.
Hence in view of the above the Bauchi CSOs Situation room intend to call to action on some certain concerns and draw the attention of the Government on them, these points Includes
- As of 4th June 2020, the State Case Fatality Rate is reading at 3.1%, with so far 2,071 samples which have been investigated with only 256 people who were found to have contracted with the COVID-19, we call on the state government to widen the scope of the testing index in the state.
- As a center for testing has been opened in the state, we call on the government to procure more testing kits, so as to increase the amount of testing in the state and not to be caught unaware, as it has been reported that the virus is at community Transmission.
- It was reported by then state government that the production and distribution of the 2 million Mask, which was reported to have been distributed, we call on the government to keep to her words, and let us all Mask Up Bauchi.
- In respect to the increased cases been recorded in the state, we encourage that the Government put more stringent measures on the Border lockdown, as interstate travel ban has not been lifted.
- We also call on the State government to involve CSOs in the distribution of palliatives around the state, as we only heard as privileged information that 2500 bags of rice and 1800 vegetable oil was shared to the LGAs that were on total lock down for two weeks, hence we call on the Government for more involvement of CSOs in the state, to help in monitoring the distribution of this palliatives, which has been a common practice in most northern states in the country.
- Bauchi State is one of the states having high records of corona virus patients in the country, we also use this medium to call on the federal government to give aid to the state, so as to help cushion the high expense of treatment and the harsh life style it has put the citizens in Bauchi state into.
- Finally, we reiterate our commitment to support the government in its desire to prevent the good people of Bauchi state from the dreaded COVID 19 pandemic.
Chairman EDs Forum
For Bauchi CSOs Covid-19 Situation room.
- Forward in Action for Education Poverty and Malnutrition (FAcE-PaM),
- Young Leaders Network (YLN),
- Prison Inmate Development Initiative (PIDI),
- Women Development Association for Self Sustenance (WODASS),
- Muslim Aid Initiative Nigeria (MAIN),
- African Community and Environmental Health Initiative (ACE-HI)
- Leadtots and Human Development Services
- African HUB for Community Progress Initiative in Nigeria (AfriHUB)
- Touch A Heart Social And Economic Right Initiative (TAHSERI)
- Ikra Foundation for Women and Youth Development
- Restoration for Women and Youth Foundation
- Child is Gold Foundation
- Visionary youth
- HUSNA Foundation,
- Foundation for Societal Empowerment and Rejuvenation (FOSER)
- Youth Reality Initiative (YRI)
- Fahimta Women and Youth Development Initiative
- Kings Leodews Initative
- Taimoko Community Development Initiative
- Planned Parenthood Federation of Nigeria (PPDN)