- This event has passed.
Advocacies for Inclusion and Good Governance
With support from NED-USA under the “Strengthening Youth Participation in Northeast Nigeria” project in four LGAs Alkaleri, Dass, Kirfi and Bogoro in Bauchi state, Young Leaders Network A worked closely with Youth and Women groups and Coalitions in these LGAs to push for youth and women inclusion in governance with amazing outcomes.
In Dass LGA, the following successes were recorded:
- Youths were appointed as Leaders in Political parties at the LGA level.
- A Youth was appointed by the Governor of the state as a Special Adviser in his Cabinet.
- The Local Government Chairman appointed 3 youths as his Special Advisers.
- The appointment of 11 Youths who are under the age of 30 as LGA ward councilors.
In Alkaleri LGA:
- A Youth was appointed as Personal Assistant to the LGA Chairman
- Two women are currently serving as advisers to the Chairman of the LGA
In Kirfi LGA:
- The coalition was able to engage youths to be involved in traditional leadership structures.
- The District Head of Kirfi(Sarkin Kirfi) appointed 13 youths with traditional titles which were mostly advisory.
- A woman was appointed as a Personal Assistant to the Senator of Bauchi South senatorial district by Sen. Lawal Yahaya Gumau
- One of the women leaders of the engaged groups was appointed by the Governor as the Political Coordinator of Kirfi LGA.
- The newly appointed chairman of the LGA also adopted the coalition formed in Kirfi as a working advisory team to his Cabinet in the LGA.
In Bogoro LGA:
- The LGA has 5 youths appointed as LGA ward Councilors in the Local Government.